Fraser Heights Park Garden Initiative
May – November 2020
The City of Surrey is seeking community members who would like the opportunity to use the self-watering garden plots at Fraser Heights Park for personal gardening.
- There are 12 self-watering garden plots located between the tennis courts and the Fraser Heights Community Centre.
- 10 of these plots will be for individual gardening. We suggest that each family involved oversee 2 plots for personal gardening.
- 2 garden plots that will be for communal garden use with the intention of donation to the food bank. Each gardener will be responsible for contributing to the maintenance of the communal garden plots.
- Each gardener will sign a one-year agreement in order to garden.
No fees will be collected for participation in the 2020 growing season.
- City of Surrey Parks will supply seeds, garden gloves, as well as a hose & water connection to the building.
- Gardeners will supply personal gardening tools and ongoing supplies for garden plot maintenance.
Interested? What do you need to do?
If you are interested in gardening at this site, please fill out the application form on the City of Surrey web page (in the Fraser Heights Park Community Garden Opportunity section):
https://www.surrey.ca/culture-recreation/7108.aspx and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because space is limited and to keep the process fair, the first 5 families to sign up will be given a spot at the garden.